Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Ellie's one month birthday and first bottle

On Wednesday August 8th, 2012 it was Ellie's one month birthday and we decided to celebrate by giving her her first bottle.  I was selfishly putting it off because I love nursing her and was a little worried that she would like the bottle too much and would have difficulty nursing afterwards.  But lucky for us Ellie continues to show us she is an AMAZING baby and not only did she take the bottle but she seemed to LOVE it and hasn't had any problems breastfeeding since then.  I had heard that mommies usually have to wait in another room or outside the house when first giving babies a bottle because they can smell the breast milk and won't want to take the bottle but Ellie didn't seem to care and I was glad because I could stick around to watch.  It was so special for Russell to be able to feed her and have that bonding opportunity and I loved being able to share the experience and watch them.  We aren't giving her a bottle every day but it's nice to know we can if we want to go on a date or if I want to have some "me" time and leave Ellie with Daddy.  ;) 










No comments:

Post a Comment